Interested in working at Mustard Seed Preschool?
Mustard Seed Preschool is hiring both full time and part time assistant teachers!
Our exceptional faith-centered, play-based preschool program is looking for Teaching Assistants who can help to enhance the learning environment for our students. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with children, understands how they learn and is dedicated to creating a nurturing learning atmosphere for every student. We are seeking a strong Christian educator who is excited about joining a rapidly growing working community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Be on site from 8:30am-12:30pm for morning classes and 12:00-4:00pm for afternoon classes. Full time hours will be 8:30am-4:00pm. We have both full and part time available.
2. Assist in curriculum planning, class setup, classroom activities, inside/outside play as directed by lead teacher.
3. Supervise the students to ensure their safety and wellbeing. Be alert to any needs and/or problems they experience as individuals or as a group.
4. Remain in required ratios at all times - 10:1.
5. Actively engage with all students during class time including recesses. Be present with children to enhance their learning experiences.
6. Regular interactions between families, children, co-workers, directors, and church staff.
7. Assist with the pick up and drop off procedure of all children at the beginning and end of the day.
8. Assist in classroom cleaning at the end of each day as stated in the classroom cleaning checklist.
9. Take daily child observations using Creative Curriculum objectives as laid out by the lead teacher.
10. Comfortable leading a classroom of maximum 10 children during small group projects.
11. Attend all team planning and staff meetings as scheduled.
12. Meet with and collaborate with lead teacher to develop lesson plans
13. Assist the lead teacher using Teaching Strategies GOLD to organize observations, conduct student assessments, complete yearly portfolios, and hold parent teacher conferences twice a year.
14. Attend all field trips, school events and functions.
15. Comfortable performing toileting and diapering duties.
16. Must be able to implement and facilitate a faith-based curriculum.
17. Must be able to lift 50lbs and stand for an extended period of time.
1. Have a minimum of a CDA or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education.
2. Complete a minimum of 4 continuing education units per school year.
3. Be willing to complete training in Child Abuse and Neglect, Food Handlers License, CPR/First Aid, and Finger Printing/Background Checks within the first 30 days of employment.
4. Compassionate attitude and strong knowledge of play based child development.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All Positions will be filled by September of the 2018/2019 school year.